Change Can Cause Stress
Sometimes life changes can cause stress, discontent and restlessness, so at times we need to reassess our direction and what makes life meaningful.
Life transitions can cause a number of problems to wrestle with including:
- Discontentment or boredom with life or with the lifestyle (including people and things) that have previously provided fulfillment.
- Feeling restless and wanting to do something completely different
- Questioning decisions made earlier and the meaning of life
- Confusion about who you are or where your life is going
- Irritability, unexpected anger
- Persistent sadness
- Acting on alcohol, drug, food, or other compulsions
- Greatly decreased or increased ambition.
Becoming more certain of your true identify and achieving balance in your life can make transitions easier. Therefore, counseling can be an effective tool to explore options and gain insight into who we are underneath.